UPDATE: The final results are in, you helped raise over $50,000 for this cause. Between cash pledges and auction results we considered this to be a huge success for the 2 1/2 weeks it took all of us to come together and arrange this event. With money already headed south to help our neighbors we offer our most sincere thank you to everybody that participated in this event.
The Staff and Iowa Cattlemen’s Association
Iowa Cattlemen’s Foundation
Ranko Equipment, Ankeny Iowa
Tom Bradley, Auctioneer at DreamDirt.com
Rick Friday, Cartoonist and Agricultural Advocate
Dave Nicholls at Nicholls Farm
Ross Havens at Nicholls Farm
Dickinson County Cattlemen
B.E.’s Coins & More
Wayne, Baize, Artist
Calhoun County Cattlemen’s
Nicole Smith, Online Auction Specialist at DreamDirt.com
Jason Smith, Auctioneer at DreamDirt.com
Edje Technologies in Urbandale, IA
Wagner Custom Fencing
Craig Schaefer at Waterloo Iowa
Lynn Anderson, LA’s Wildwood Creations
Brad Nelson, Agricultural Attorney Denison, IA
Farm Credit Services
World Wide College of Auctioneering in Mason City, Iowa
Platt Livestock by Cody Platt
George Sierakowski Artist
Jennifer Carrico and Kassidy Bremer Redfield, Iowa
Stone House Angus
Larry Hindman Farmers Coop Radcliffe
Cedar County Cattlemen
Butler County Cattlemen
Harvest Barn Marketplace
Horizon Show Cattle David and Cindy Bowlin
Kelsey Farms Story County, Iowa
Brad Benson DreamDirt Auctioneers
The Cider House
Sarah Shepherd at Shepherd Charolais
Tom and Ally Woods at Woods’ Shop
LaNeysay Stirling at Phat Horse Designs
Great Plains Beef
Glenwood Farm Equipment
Brad Jones at Up In Smoke BBQ
Eric Rader at www.Agrilogic.com Insurance
The Des Moines Register
Duane Murley KWMT Radio
TJ at KSIB Radio
Multiple Anonymous Donors that did not wish to be recognized
ORIGINAL POST FOLLOWS ———————————————————————-
IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A CASH DONATION BY CREDIT CARD CALL JanLee at Iowa Cattlemen’s Association at (515)296-2266
All DONORS and BIDDERS will be recognized after the auction in multiple ways.
WE NEED YOUR HELP! PLEASE DONATE AN ITEM. Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma and Colorado ranchers need your help. If. you are like us your Facebook feed has been haunted with the horrible images coming from the farms and ranches of our brothers and sisters in Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma and Colorado. We’ve heard many people talking wondering how they could help. We couldn’t stand by and not do something. We know how to raise money and the idea of an online auction quickly made its rounds in our office. We approached the good folks at the Iowa Cattlemen’s Association with our idea to give Midwesterners a way to donate to the relief efforts and the were on board from the first contact and have worked with us for days to get this up and running.
Today we are launching a very special effort in partnership with the Iowa Cattlemen’s Association and the Iowa Cattlemen’s Foundation to conduct an online only auction to raise money to support our brothers and sisters affected by wildfires in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Colorado.
We are asking you to donate things we can sell. The auction will happen on the Internet on April 7th at 10AM.
Our team at DreamDirt is donating all of our services, advertising and auction. 100%, every dollar raised and not a penny less will be sent for direct help of those who need our help. Our conversations with the different funds set up have shown that cash is the #1 need and that their job is much easier when they receive cash rather than physical items.
We know this process will be new to some of you and it may seem confusing at first. Online auctions are actually very simple and mimic a life onsite auction. DreamDirt has been conducting online auctions for years, we will make our instructions as clear as possible but please do call us if you do not understand how to participate. We want to maximize the participation as much as we possibly can.
Your donation will be to the Iowa Cattlemen’s Foundation which is a 501C3 charitable organization and you will receive a tax deductible donation receipt for the amount your item sells for after the auction closes.
WHAT CAN YOU DONATE?
We know you guys can come up with some great stuff but let us get your wheels turning. You might consider but not limited to livestock, farm equipment, livestock equipment or supplies, services, genetics, seedstock, hauling and transportation, hay, any kind of lessons, special opportunities or access, seed, hand or homemade items, farm specific items, hunts, hunting equipment, trips, stays in vacation homes, art, jewelry, sports tickets or seats etc. The auction will be populated with cash donation lots as well. You’ll be bidding on nothing, just the opportunity to make a cash donation.
HOW TO DONATE AN ITEM
- Decide what you can donate. It can be configured any way you wish. You donate donate the rental of a unit and restrict it to a certain geographic area. You can donate a week in a vacation home and restrict it to a particular time frame. You can sell something that the buyer must come to you to pick up, or you can ship it. You set the rules for your donation, let us worry about matching it to a buyer just offer what you can or what makes sense.
- Let us know about the item. Message this page photos and description or text to the numbers below. We will reply with the lot number and add it to the auction.
- Download the DreamDirt Auction App on your smartphone or tablet and follow your item in the auction. You may bid on your own item, but if you are the high bidder you will pay the high bid. If you do not use a smartphone go to http://bid.dreamdirt.com and scroll down to the auction to view it.
- The Auction will happen on April 7th at 10AM. Tune into the auction on our website. The auction will be a webcast. Bidders will bid by computer or smartphone but you will hear and see the auction staff cry the bid.
- When the auction ends if you are a high bidder you will receive an invoice in your email instructing you how to pay for your item.
- When you have completed payment the donor will get a tax deductible receipt for their donation and the buyer will receive a paid invoice by email which will transfer ownership and be proof to claim the item they have purchased.
HOW TO BECOME A BIDDER
If you can’t think of something to donate consider being a bidder. The auction lots are likely to update all the way up until April 7th. We will add everything as we get it so keep up on the auction by downloading our smartphone APP in your APP store. It is available in the Apple Store and Google Play . Search “DreamDirt Auction” The APP will allow you receive notifications as the auction progresses.
We ask that you register for the auction today so you get the notices about the auction.
Don’t have a smartphone, you don’t have to, you can use our website and bid bid online. You can register for the auction right now at www.dirt.ag/help