WE NEED YOUR HELP! PLEASE DONATE AN ITEM. Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma and Colorado ranchers need your help. If. you are like us your Facebook feed has been haunted with the horrible images coming from the farms and ranches of our brothers and sisters in Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma and Colorado. We’ve heard many people talking wondering how they could help. We couldn’t stand by and not do something. We know how to raise money and the idea of an online auction quickly made its rounds in our office. We approached the good folks at the Iowa Cattlemen’s Association with our idea to give Midwesterners a way to donate to the relief efforts and the were on board from the first contact and have worked with us for days to get this up and running.
Today we are launching a very special effort in partnership with the Iowa Cattlemen’s Association and the Iowa Cattlemen’s Foundation to conduct an online only auction to raise money to support our brothers and sisters affected by wildfires in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Colorado.
We are asking you to donate things we can sell. The auction will happen on the Internet on April 7th at 10AM.
Our team at DreamDirt is donating all of our services, advertising and auction. 100%, every dollar raised and not a penny less will be sent for direct help of those who need our help. Our conversations with the different funds set up have shown that cash is the #1 need and that their job is much easier when they receive cash rather than physical items.
We know this process will be new to some of you and it may seem confusing at first. Online auctions are actually very simple and mimic a life onsite auction. DreamDirt has been conducting online auctions for years, we will make our instructions as clear as possible but please do call us if you do not understand how to participate. We want to maximize the participation as much as we possibly can.
Your donation will be to the Iowa Cattlemen’s Foundation which is a 501C3 charitable organization and you will receive a tax deductible donation receipt for the amount your item sells for after the auction closes.
WHAT CAN YOU DONATE?
We know you guys can come up with some great stuff but let us get your wheels turning. You might consider but not limited to livestock, farm equipment, livestock equipment or supplies, services, genetics, seedstock, hauling and transportation, hay, any kind of lessons, special opportunities or access, seed, hand or homemade items, farm specific items, hunts, hunting equipment, trips, stays in vacation homes, art, jewelry, sports tickets or seats etc. The auction will be populated with cash donation lots as well. You’ll be bidding on nothing, just the opportunity to make a cash donation.
HOW TO DONATE AN ITEM
- Decide what you can donate. It can be configured any way you wish. You donate donate the rental of a unit and restrict it to a certain geographic area. You can donate a week in a vacation home and restrict it to a particular time frame. You can sell something that the buyer must come to you to pick up, or you can ship it. You set the rules for your donation, let us worry about matching it to a buyer just offer what you can or what makes sense.
- Let us know about the item. Message this page photos and description or text to the numbers below. We will reply with the lot number and add it to the auction.
- Download the DreamDirt Auction App on your smartphone or tablet and follow your item in the auction. You may bid on your own item, but if you are the high bidder you will pay the high bid. If you do not use a smartphone go to http://bid.dreamdirt.com and scroll down to the auction to view it.
- The Auction will happen on April 7th at 10AM. Tune into the auction on our website. The auction will be a webcast. Bidders will bid by computer or smartphone but you will hear and see the auction staff cry the bid.
- When the auction ends if you are a high bidder you will receive an invoice in your email instructing you how to pay for your item.
- When you have completed payment the donor will get a tax deductible receipt for their donation and the buyer will receive a paid invoice by email which will transfer ownership and be proof to claim the item they have purchased.
HOW TO BECOME A BIDDER
If you can’t think of something to donate consider being a bidder. The auction lots are likely to update all the way up until April 7th. We will add everything as we get it so keep up on the auction by downloading our smartphone APP in your APP store. It is available in the Apple Store and Google Play . Search “DreamDirt Auction” The APP will allow you receive notifications as the auction progresses.
We ask that you register for the auction today so you get the notices about the auction.
Don’t have a smartphone, you don’t have to, you can use our website and bid bid online. You can register for the auction right now at www.dirt.ag/help