Farmland For Sale Hancock County, Iowa
Sellers: Mark and Deb Nelson • Auctioneers: Jason Smith 515-537-6633 and Rachel Tiffany: 515-954-8063 • Location: Britt, Iowa
Land Auction Details in Hancock County
DreamDirt is pleased to offer this high-quality farmland for sale in Hancock County, Iowa for the Nelson Family. This farm is definitely the right kind with an 88.5 CSR2 rating.
- Legal Description: S1/2 NE Section 6-96N-25W
- Possession Terms: Landlord possession at closing.
- Closing Date: Between October 15, 2022, and January 15, 2023
- Income Split: Due to the closing date there will not be any splits of farm rental income for 2022.
- Soil Productivity: 88.5 CSR2
- Taxes: $2,226 Annual Links to Iowa Assessor Parcel Information East Parcel | West Parcel
- Earnest Deposit: 10% due upon Seller’s acceptance of your bid to be held in the DreamDirt Farm Real Estate Trust Account.
- Tenancy: The farm is rented for the 2022 season. The seller will terminate the current tenant during the closing.
- Wind Lease Easement: There is a wind lease easement on the farm. There are no windmills on the farm. The lease only covers the potential collapse of a windmill on a neighboring farm. This lease pays $2500 annually in 2022 and has a 2% escalator. The lease can be found in the document section.
Aerial Drone Tour Farmland For Sale Hancock County, Iowa
Join us for a tour online of this farm in Hancock County courtesy of our drone operators. You’ll see this farm is top quality from start to finish. With the additional wind income more than offsetting the taxes, you have a great opportunity to own this profitable farm.
Online Bidding Available
Can’t make the auction or prefer to bid in private? DreamDirt’s Bid Capture software brings the latest in bidding experience. Our online bidding isn’t like many other companies. We dedicate employees to the task so if it’s a live auction we will have 2 teams working, one on the live auction and another on the online auction. We understand the frustration of “breaks” and not knowing what’s happening when you bid remotely so trust you will have a great experience placing your bids for this farmland using our online platform. You can reach our staff for in-auction questions even as the bids are being called. Our number is 641-423-6400.
How to Bid Online for this Hancock County Iowa Farmland
We have always insisted our online bidding process be the most simple available.
- Register to bid which will take you about 3 minutes.
- Input your credit card number on screen 2. This will verify your identity. We WILL NOT charge your card for anything.
- Watch for an email verification email from us. This verifies you entered your email correctly and that we have a direct line to you.
- When you have confirmed your email address you will be ready to log in using the username and password you set during Step 1.
- If you ever lose your password go to the log-in screen and click “Lost Your Password” to reset it
- Your login will only last 1 hour. Ensure before the end of the auction you are actually logged in. It may appear you are logged in but placing a bid will send you to the log-in screen instead. This is why bidding in the final seconds is never a good practice. You can reach us with emergencies in the auction at 641-423-6400
Land Auction Results Hancock County Iowa
This Hancock County Iowa Farmland property is now sold! The results are in and the sellers had an exceptional auction. Based on tillable acres their property sold higher than any other farm has ever sold in Hancock County. The sellers had offered the farm based on the assessors acres of 78.76 with 76.88 tillable acres. The farm sold for $1,394,052 total dollars putting the final price at $18,132 per tillable acre.
We advertised the property for 30 days and afterward held the land auction. The bidding event was held at the Britt Country Club. Around 20 people in attendance in person for live bidding. Bidding lasted for about 30 minutes. The balance of the bidders chose to participate simultaneously online and did not attend the in person auction. The high bidder at the end of the day was an online bidder who chose to bid remotely. We still have land buyers and investors ready to buy so if you have farmland to sell please reach out to us on our farmland sales inquiry page or call 515-537-6633.
Request a Free Valuation for Your Farm or Land Property
Whether you’re ready to start the selling process, or even remotely curious, we will gladly provide you with a FREE Market Analysis! If you are in a position to sell land in the Midwest, we want to help you achieve the top of the market on your sale.