Listing Cropland And Hunting Leases At DreamDirt
Jason J Smith
Auctioneer & Land Broker
Jason is an experienced farmland broker and auctioneer with extensive experience in farmland sales across this Midwest. Jason has worked with hundreds of clients to create advantageous outcomes. If you are selling land schedule a consultation with Jason by calling or using the calendar.
Hunting leases benefit owners
- A lessee is more likely to deter trespassing on your land to protect their interests relieving you of the worry, reducing your liability from trespassers.
- You are more protected from vandalism with a conscientious responsible hunter on your land.
- You have an additional revenue stream that can often offset taxes by leasing hunting rights.
- Conservation is important to renters with long term hunting leases and improvements are often made at their expense.
- Wildlife is managed in a responsible way.
- You are protected from liability with a hunting lease insurance policy if you opt to have the lessee purchase a policy. Allowing permission hunting subjects you to liability you might not know about and gives you very little leverage over what is happening.
- With a tenant hunter you have a written contract so you understand and know what will happen and a written record of the agreement.
- Some landowners may trade a portion of the lease value or add certain tasks in addition to the lease payment such as fixing fences, controlling weeds and brush or wildlife projects.
Why should a hunter lease farmland rather than permission hunting?
- Permission hunting often means non-exclusive access even if they felt they’d been given exclusive access something always goes wrong.
- You are in charge and guaranteed the right to hunt without interference. Neighbors won’t be able to harass you and continually interrupt your hunts as a front for lessening your chances of success in the field.
- You now hold the ability to prosecute trespassers and vandals on the parcel you lease.
- Your tree stands, blinds and trail camera equipment is more secure knowing others are not allowed there.
- You can better make long term recreational decisions and manage your experience for what you want and calculate your expenses.
- The ability to work with the landowner and undertake projects that will benefit both of you.
- The ability to negotiate food plots and make sure you don’t show up to hunting and have company of other hunters.
- You get a better experience which you can tailor to your interests and you know the time period you have full exclusive access.
- The ability to enjoy top notch habitat without the mortgage payment.
Did you know DreamDirt lists and auctions any type of land leases in the exact same way we sell farmland? You can offer a lease by listing or by auction. You can auction a lease by live public auction or by online only auction. Online only auctions have become the standard for most hunting leases and I suspect that cropland leases will follow. If you are interested in leasing cropland or hunting land or finding multiple tenants for your farm contact us at DreamDirt about having your farm and marketing needs evaluated. You can call us toll free at (855)376-3478 or email [email protected]
Request a Free Valuation for Your Farm or Land Property
Whether you’re ready to start the selling process, or even remotely curious, we will gladly provide you with a FREE Market Analysis! If you are in a position to sell land in the Midwest, we want to help you achieve the top of the market on your sale.
Land For Sale in Dallas County, Iowa Sellers: Tri County Cash Lumber Mart Inc. Auctioneer: Tom Bradley | (515) 202-7687 Location: 2608 Hiawatha St, Perry, Iowa Land For Sale in Dallas County, IowaBeautiful building lot located in a quiet neighborhood, in the...
Farmland For Sale in Grundy County, Iowa Sellers: J&R Porter Farms Inc. Auctioneer: Jason Smith | (515) 537-6633 Location: Clay Township, Iowa Farmland Auction Details in Grundy County, Iowa The Porter Family's descendants settled on this land in 1873, 4 years...
Unlocking the Value of Iowa Farmland: A Comprehensive Guide to Current Land Prices and Expert Insights – January 2024 Report
Welcome to Our Monthly Iowa Farmland Value Report In this monthly report, we dive into Iowa farmland values, helping you understand the factors that determine what your farm is potentially worth. Our goal as auctioneers and farmland real estate agents is to provide...